Briefly in English
The ClimEssences site, proposed by the RMT AFORCE, provides a series of aids for the choice of tree species (forest tree species) in the context of climate change.
The proposed functionalities allow :
- improve knowledge of tree species,
- to understand the evolution of the climate according to different climate change scenarios, at the scale of a forest region,
- to provide tools for thinking about the choice of species in a changing climate.
Two complementary approaches are proposed:
- Species sheets gathering the available knowledge on species according to 37 criteria,
- Cartographic models of the climatic compatibility of species using the IKS model.
This site is not yet available in English, but this is planned for the future.